Can Metatexis import files aligned with +tools to create a TM?
Thread poster: Katherine Simpson
Katherine Simpson
Katherine Simpson  Identity Verified
Zimbabwe
Local time: 12:00
German to English
+ ...
Jan 6, 2010

HI everyone,
I have been trying to create a TM in Metatexis using files that I aligned with +tools. I tried saving the files as .txt and as .tmx, and although Metatexis picks them up, when I try to import it says that the data sets were not imported because identical data sets were found or because source and/or translation was missing, but this is not true as it displays both source and translation in the box before.
Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong?
Thanks, Kather
... See more
HI everyone,
I have been trying to create a TM in Metatexis using files that I aligned with +tools. I tried saving the files as .txt and as .tmx, and although Metatexis picks them up, when I try to import it says that the data sets were not imported because identical data sets were found or because source and/or translation was missing, but this is not true as it displays both source and translation in the box before.
Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong?
Thanks, Katherine
Collapse

mps1 (X)
mps1 (X)
Spain
Local time: 11:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
I have been working with memories from metatexis Jan 6, 2010

Hi,
I have a client who uses metatexis. I use Trados. He has sent me a memory (.TMX), which I have imported, apparently some units were lost but I have found everything and used his memory a lot.
When I finished some translations, I export a memory (again TMX), and he has never complained, so he uses it. So it is possible to import/export memories from Metatexis-Trados and viceversa.
Hope It helped you.

Katherine Simpson
Katherine Simpson  Identity Verified
Zimbabwe
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 7, 2010

Thanks for your reply. I managed to import what I needed, though I had to use bitext to align my texts. Anyway, it worked, so I am happy.

Nabeel Alwyssi
Nabeel Alwyssi  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Arabic
+ ...
Metatexis can certainly cope with +tools Jan 8, 2010

Metatexis can import TM created by +tools.
After finishing alignment with Plus Tools , you need to rewrite/export the TM as .TMX file. Once you make this conversion, every TM software will accept your aligned TM.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can Metatexis import files aligned with +tools to create a TM?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »