Mobile menu

How do I create a Metatexis database or TM?
Thread poster: Astrid Elke Witte

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:10
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Aug 31, 2002

I recently downloaded Metatexis. First it would not work as I only had Microsoft Word, and it became apparent that it only works with Microsoft Office. Having gone to the considerable expense of buying Microsoft Office, I still can\'t make Metatexis work now, because there appears to be no option to create a database, or any instructions on how to create one. I have my own vocabulary lists, as word documents, but I really haven\'t a clue how to make them into Metatexis databases to use within the Metatexis programme. Can anyone help?

Direct link Reply with quote

ALAIN COTE  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:10
Japanese to French
Maybe... Aug 31, 2002

Maybe you have the same problem I had a few days ago. I went to the Metatexis Group in Yahoo (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MetaTexis/) and got some help.

In my case, the Metatexis menus did not appear in Word because I had to remove a \"bad\" add-in in [Tools-Templates and Add-ins]. Then I removed the add-ins one after the other until the Metatexis menu finally appears...

In any case, I think you should subscribe to the Metatexis group in Yahoo, and explain your problem in details...

Good luck!

Alain

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-09-01 07:44 ]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I create a Metatexis database or TM?

Advanced search

Websites for Translators
Build your new website, create a set of compelling graphics or find a new branding path with us.

We help both freelance translators and established translation agencies by applying online marketing strategies in the competitive world of languages. Click below to find out more!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs