Mobile menu

Thread poster: Marcela García

Marcela García  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:36
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 4, 2003

I would like to ask if anybody has used Moneygram for getting payed for translations. I was thinking about using Moneygram in order to receive payment from direct clients who don\'t use company checks.

Paypal is not working for me for I cannot withdraw funds from my country.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Direct link Reply with quote

DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:36
Member (2003)
Georgian to English
+ ...
Haven't used it yet but it appears to be reputable Apr 4, 2003

It has fairly widespread agents in the UK, including one sited in a well known bank in my city, which I thought was an encouraging sign of respectability.

They say their charges are usually lower than western union, although in the case I checked there wasn\'t a lot of difference.

I\'ve noticed a number of proz members who were expressing discontent with PayPal in the forums were saying that they were going to (or already had?) use Moneygram instead, so it will be interesting to hear their experience.

-When I said I\'d read that some people were using/considering using Moneygram instead of PayPal, I wonder if they actually said MoneyBookers & I misremembered.

[ This Message was edited by: giulik on 2003-04-12 20:15]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs