Looking for pricing information EN-RU
Thread poster: Maxim Kazartsev

Maxim Kazartsev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 02:41
English to Russian
Mar 29, 2008

Hello all!

I wonder what the standard price rate (per word) is.
My question is addressed mostly for Russian translators as I'm doing Eng-Ru translations.

I've participated in the Panduit project recently. And my price rate for that project was 0.05 EUR per new words and 0.005 EUR (10%) for exact matches. How can this rate be classified? Is it normal, or low? May be someone worked on the same project at a higher price rate, please answer.

Thanks in advance.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-03-29 16:24]

Direct link Reply with quote

NataliaElo  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:41
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Too low Mar 29, 2008

Hi Maxim,

In my opinion, 0,05 € for source word is far too low. If you were a member of you could see the average price for this pair on the site. I guess it is calculated according to the prices people reporting when they fill in their profiles.

There have been recently a number of discussion at Russian forum on the topic.

Good luck,

Maxim Kazartsev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 02:41
English to Russian
Too low Mar 31, 2008

Hi Natalia,

Thanks for your answer. I also thought 0.05 € per source word is the low price rate, but wanted to hear about that from somebody else. )

I'm going to get a membership soon. But before I do it, I'd like to know what is the normal price rate for complicated technical texts - 0.08 €, 0.10 €, 0.15 €?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for pricing information EN-RU

Advanced search

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs