mopc  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 01:52
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Apr 14, 2008

Hi

I have been successfully transferring my Paypal funds to my personal bank account in Brazil by means of a website called Xoom.com since late 2007. As you may know, Paypal does not transfer to Brazilian bank accounts, Xoom however does, in three days, by charging a Paypal account.

Until now. Since this weekend I have been trying to use Xoom to transfer my funds but it ends up saying, in the last step (after going through Paypal) that "authorization to charge your Paypal account has failed".

It's not my limits in either website, my account is verified, etc., as I said, I had done this many many times without problems.

In the Portuguese language forums, I have reported this and another user seems to be going through the same problem.

I have contacted both Xoom and Paypal via their e-mail system but I GOT NO REPLY, since Saturday (today is Monday). I contacted them twice! I have also tried to contact Paypal per phone, but their system now is fully automated and there are no options suiting my problem, neither is there an option to speak to a living person, only a machine.

On my Paypal account page, the FIVE attempts I have made (all well within my limits) appear as PENDING, and I got for each of them a email of confirmation saying that I have authorized payment to the Xoom Corporation, though my funds remain untouched and all attempts appear as "pending".

These problems coincide with an overhaul in Xoom's website, may be related.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

Now I tried experimentally to transfer my funds using Paypal's new Visa Card transfer system, available finally for much of the world (I opened a thread about it here), but they charge 10% (TEN PERCENT!) for the service, whereas Xoom charges 4% (though with an unfavorable exchange rate).

Is there any other service like Xoom.com? Can I transfer my funds to my Moneybookers account?

Is there a special Paypal number where I can speak to a real person and solve my problem???

Please help!!!

Direct link Reply with quote

Nicolette Scholte  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:52
English to Dutch
+ ...
I might be able to help Apr 16, 2008

Hello,
Why don't you try just calling Paypal and when they give you a menu to choose from just pick one. That way you will get a live person on the phone and you can explain that perhaps you are talking to the wrong person, explain your problem and they can send you towards the person who is specialized in that problem.

I've found that the people at Paypal are very nice to deal with and very willing to explain things.

mopc  Identity Verified
Brazil
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no humans any more Apr 16, 2008

Paypal's phone service does not have a live person phone service any longer, try it yourself. I tried twice (expensive international phone call) and there is only a machine. No options to talk to a person exists.

But anyway the problem is solved, by email, through Xoom.com. I've already made the transfer.

Nicolette Scholte  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:52
English to Dutch
+ ...
How weird Apr 27, 2008

mopc wrote:

Paypal's phone service does not have a live person phone service any longer, try it yourself. I tried twice (expensive international phone call) and there is only a machine. No options to talk to a person exists.

But anyway the problem is solved, by email, through Xoom.com. I've already made the transfer.

They don't? How weird, I called here in Holland twice in the past few months (last time two weeks ago) and both times I got to talk to a live Dutch speaking person. I guess there are differences in any country they work in...

mopc  Identity Verified
Brazil
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no Apr 27, 2008

Not the number I got on my Paypal contact page. It's a number in the USA (I'm from Brazil) and English-only. I got to speak to them a few times but now it's machine only.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Paypal to Xoom Problems

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums