Moneybookers problem
Thread poster: Paula James
Paula James  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:31
French to English
+ ...
Apr 23, 2008

I was wondering if anyone else was having problems with their moneybookers account, I am having a nightmare with mine.
I have never had any problems, had previously verified my account, then when I went to withdraw the last payment, was told to provide additional verification. I was to verify my bank account, by giving them a code next to a sum deposited. The sum was deposited, but there was no code beside it.
Then, I wasn't able to get into the Moneybookers page at all, and haven't been able to do so for the last week or so, not even the home page, so I can't try any other withdrawal method. I know other people can access the page, I've asked a couple of people both in Spain and the UK, so I don't know what the problem is, all of a sudden.
I can't get through to them by phone, and am not sure what to do next? Does anyone know what the problem might be?
I will certainly make sure I don't get any other payments by moneybookers, but really need to withdraw my money!

Direct link Reply with quote

Waleed Mohamed  Identity Verified
United Arab Emirates
Local time: 02:31
English to Arabic
+ ...
Try their email support Apr 23, 2008

They usually respond to email queries within 48 hours.

Best regards

Waleed

Spain
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
do you have the email address? Apr 23, 2008

I can't even access the moneybookers home page to get their contact details, I got a friend to give me the phone number from the page.

Kathi Stock  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:31
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Phone numbers Apr 23, 2008

I just tried to access their website and everything works fine for me.
For the email support...you have to type your issues into a web box on their site...but since you can't access their site, I would try to call them:

Customer Call Centre:
Monday - Friday 9:00 - 18:00 GMT International: +44 870 383 0232
UK: 0905 848 0011 (calls cost 25p / minute)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fax: UK: 0709 204 2001
USA: 509 271 5556
Germany: 01805 48200 46128
Netherlands: 020 524 8418
France: 01 5301 0809
International: +1 509 271 5556 / +44 709 204 2001

Good luck!

Kathi

Spain
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks! Apr 23, 2008

Thank you for your help.
The site seems to work fine for everyone except me (I did try another computer using the same network in my flat). I really can't understand it, maybe some kind of anti-fraud isp-blocking. I can go and try in a friend's house (don't really want to use public networks for financial transactions), but want to be sure it will work before wasting everyone's time.
Too late to call now, but I'll try in the morning.

Thanks again!

Waleed Mohamed  Identity Verified
United Arab Emirates
Local time: 02:31
English to Arabic
+ ...
Try this email Apr 23, 2008

Try this email address:
merchantservices@moneybookers.com

Also CC:
service@moneybookers.com

Hope this helps!

Waleed

Spain
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Apr 24, 2008

Thank you to both of you. Mysteriously, I was able to enter the website today and log into my account at least. I phoned them on the 0870 number and was told I have to send them a copy of my bank statement with the deposit from them, so have done that, and am waiting for confirmation, then hopefully I will be able to withdraw my money.
I think I'll avoid moneybookers in future!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Moneybookers problem

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs