Mobile menu

Suggestions on nonpayment individual missing!
Thread poster: Ming Fu, Qi

Ming Fu, Qi  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:23
English to Chinese
+ ...
May 8, 2008

On Feb 14, 2008, I commenced to work for an individual from Belgium. On 2/16/08, I filled out and sent the invoice of the translated file to him. After receiving my invoice, he confirmed his reception "I RECEIVED IT". This job posted on XXX.

But my nightmare began from that day.

Even I sent numerous reminders to him, but no reply in any form appeared. By today, I found that his all contact information on his profile of XXX are fraudulent, he also set feedback locked. At my wits end, I could not keep contact with him.

Who can give me some clues and tips to address such boring things? Thanks in advance.

[Edited at 2008-05-08 08:12]

Direct link Reply with quote
Niraja Nanjundan  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:53
German to English
Contact a moderator on the other site May 8, 2008

Dear Mingfu Qi,

This is not a "boring thing," it's a very serious issue.

I can only suggest that you contact a moderator on the other website you mention. (By the way, you are not allowed to mention names of other translators' websites in the forums). As far as I know, they do have moderators and maybe they can help you further with this case.

Best regards,

Αlban SHPΑTΑ  Identity Verified
Partial member (2008)
English to Albanian
+ ...
Well... May 8, 2008

You can try to send a note to their moderators so that they can ban him/her.
But still, these swindlers are not stupid at all. They will probably appear again as a German or UK agency. If you take a closer look at the website you mentioned you will see it can be easily used by swindlers who will immediately disappear after receiving your work.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suggestions on nonpayment individual missing!

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs