Thread poster: japondue
japondue
japondue
United States
Local time: 12:59
English to Japanese
+ ...
May 22, 2008

Hello. I'm new here, and I'm sorry if this isn't a relevant post here.

I'm a freelancer residing in the U.S. I have a Paypal US account and try to find a way to send an invoice to a Japanese client in Japanese. I've been using Paypal for English speaking clients, and I've never realized this problem until I started getting a request for English to Japanese translation.
I cannot send an invoice in Japanese through my US Paypal account.

If you have dealt with Jap
... See more
Hello. I'm new here, and I'm sorry if this isn't a relevant post here.

I'm a freelancer residing in the U.S. I have a Paypal US account and try to find a way to send an invoice to a Japanese client in Japanese. I've been using Paypal for English speaking clients, and I've never realized this problem until I started getting a request for English to Japanese translation.
I cannot send an invoice in Japanese through my US Paypal account.

If you have dealt with Japanese clients, what kind of payment methods did you use??
Opening a JP Paypal account would help?
Can I open JP Paypal account from U.S??
Collapse

Åsa Campbell
Åsa Campbell  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 05:29
English to Swedish
Seperate invoice May 22, 2008

Hi,

Can you not create an invoice in Word (in Japanese) and email it to your client? In the invoice you specify that payment is to be done into your Paypal account and include your email address that is linked to the account.

I do this regularely and receive payments from around the world in different currencies. The payments will be converted into USD in your account.

Hope this helps
Åsa

japondue
japondue
United States
Local time: 12:59
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks May 23, 2008

Åsa

Thank you, Åsa!

I think I will use that method. I guess that's the most simple way.
I figured out that I have to open a separate account on JP Paypal site to be able to send invoice requests in Japanese. They need a multi language support on one platform!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Paypal invoice in Japanese

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »