Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 09:58
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
In Latvia Jun 21, 2008

In Latvia you have to sign all your domestic invoices (institutions sending you bills for electricity, phone and like are exception- they put on the invoice "this invoice was created electronically and does not require signature"- and they have obtained special permissions from Tax Authorities to send out such).

With invoices to and from abroad (EU included)- no signatures are necessary. I do put my signature (a picture of it) on my invoices before printing them to PDF, but it is ju
... See more
In Latvia you have to sign all your domestic invoices (institutions sending you bills for electricity, phone and like are exception- they put on the invoice "this invoice was created electronically and does not require signature"- and they have obtained special permissions from Tax Authorities to send out such).

With invoices to and from abroad (EU included)- no signatures are necessary. I do put my signature (a picture of it) on my invoices before printing them to PDF, but it is just a cosmetic measure just adding little more personalization to my invoices (scanned signatures or even rubber stamps have no legal force anyway).

But there is one nuisance when working with abroad freelancers from other EU countries- once a year I need a hard copy of certification from their Tax Authorities that they are Tax Residents of their Country... (example of the Lithuanian form: http://www.vmi.lt/formos/PDF/FR0254.pdf )

Uldis

[Rediģēts plkst. 2008-06-21 22:03]
Collapse

dong zhang
dong zhang  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:58
English to Chinese
+ ...
My view Jul 13, 2008

Nearly all my clients need my invoices, some of them need the invoice before the project start, and some of them later.
You will be enquiring about the format about the invoice, because sometimes ago, I send my invoice to client, but they do not like the format and then send me a templete and need my filling, so you can just send a mail for some suggestions about this.

Usually, the invoice includes: (From) Your name address and other informations about you, (To) your clients'
... See more
Nearly all my clients need my invoices, some of them need the invoice before the project start, and some of them later.
You will be enquiring about the format about the invoice, because sometimes ago, I send my invoice to client, but they do not like the format and then send me a templete and need my filling, so you can just send a mail for some suggestions about this.

Usually, the invoice includes: (From) Your name address and other informations about you, (To) your clients' name and address and VAT if available. (Job Description) project name (PO's name), word count, due time and payment information etc.

[修改时间: 2008-07-13 01:38]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need to send an invoice to Spain - how?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »