Mobile menu

What do you think of online payment services?
Thread poster: Andre Pellet
Andre Pellet  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:53
Member (2008)
Jul 1, 2008

All,

I have just posted a web survey asking what people think about the various payment services (PayPal, Moneybookers, etc.).

Please take a moment to let us know what you think about these services. Do they work well for you? Is one better than the other? What do you like or dislike about either of them?

Thanks - your feedback is important to us, and a great help in our future planning.

Best regards,

Andre Pellet
COO
ProZ.com

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxUSER0059  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 01:53
English to Finnish
+ ...
The populace need not apply Jul 1, 2008

Andre Pellet wrote:

I have just posted a web survey for members asking what people think about the various payment services (PayPal, Moneybookers, etc.).

Please take a moment to let us know what you think about these services. Do they work well for you? Is one better than the other? What do you like or dislike about either of them?

Thanks - your feedback is important to us, and a great help in our future planning.

"You must be a platinum member to complete this survey.

Go Platinum Today!"

Never mind then.

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 17:53
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
Cookies? Jul 1, 2008

I get the following message:

"You must enable cookies to complete this survey."

I deleted my cookies and temp files, re-started my browser but I still get the same message. FYI, my cookies ARE enabled

ViktoriaG  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
+ ...
Cookies Jul 1, 2008

My cookies are turned on (I automatically log into sites like this one and others) but after taking the time to enter my answers, I get the message "Cookies must be turned on to complete this survey".

I guess your cookies are not sweet enough for my computer's taste.

Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 16:53
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I like them... Jul 1, 2008

because they speed up payments. Just think how it was 20 years ago through banks. although I have a Moneybookers account and I am able to use it, I've been using my Paypal account due to its user-friendly interface. It's a great tool not only for translators!

Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 19:53
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same here Jul 1, 2008

Viktoria Gimbe wrote:

My cookies are turned on (I automatically log into sites like this one and others) but after taking the time to enter my answers, I get the message "Cookies must be turned on to complete this survey".

And my cookies are turned on!

Marina

RichardDeegan
Local time: 17:53
Spanish to English
What do you think of cookies? Jul 1, 2008

I have cookies enabled for this site, but my survey response was rejected for not accepting cookies. Could it be that the corresponding cookies are not from Proz, but from a funky third party (like PayPal)?

Andre Pellet  Identity Verified
Member (2008)
TOPIC STARTER
Survey bugs fixed Jul 1, 2008

All,

Sorry about the initial confusion on the survey - a setting to require cookies was originally turned on. This has been turned off, and all questions have been set to "optional". In addition, the survey has be modified to be open to all users.

Please let me know if there are any other issues.

Regards,

Andre

vicksy nurhayati  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 05:53
English to Indonesian
+ ...
PayPal - like it or dislike it but still need it Jul 2, 2008

No cookies problems with me

Well, my biggest reason for dislike it is their currency conversion. Normally, today US$ 1 is equal to IDR 9200-9300. PayPal thinks it's "enough" to pay us IDR 8.900 for US$ 1.

Very much annoying, but still got no other better option for online payment service.

Vicksy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What do you think of online payment services?

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs