Invoices to Switzerland
Thread poster: Jonathan MacKerron

Jonathan MacKerron  Identity Verified
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Jul 23, 2008

Hi all,
I need to send an invoice from Germany to Switzerland. In the past, for the EURO countries I've noted certain information on my bills, e.g. my/their VAT number, my IBAN number and "Ort der Leistung: XXX (depending on the country); §3a (3) i.v. (4) UStG."
Do I need any additional information for a EURO invoice to be paid from Switzerland?
Thanks in advance,
J.

Direct link Reply with quote

Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:28
Italian to English
+ ...
All the usual stuff Jul 23, 2008

I did a job for a Swiss agency last year and just put all the usual stuff on the invoice - my and their names, addresses, VAT Reg. no. and tax code, my a/c, IBAN and BIC. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Jonathan MacKerron  Identity Verified
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 23, 2008

I'm assuming that you didn't charge VAT from your country of origin??

Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:28
Italian to English
+ ...
No VAT Jul 23, 2008

For invoices to VAT-registered non-Italian clients I have to add a sentence (in Italian) to the effect that VAT is not applicable, referring to the relevant Italian legislation. I imagine you probably need to do something similar, but that's for your own country's requirements rather than those of Switzerland.

[Edited at 2008-07-23 10:58]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Invoices to Switzerland

Advanced search

Translation news

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs