Local time: 18:44
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 17, 2002

http://www.proz.com/job?id=17433

What are we to do? (

Regards,

Bertha

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Local time: 21:44
German to English
+ ...
Contact the outsourcer ... Jan 17, 2002

... at [email protected] and tell him/her that an \"accredited professional team\" cannot be had for just 2 cents.

Araksia Sarkisian
Araksia Sarkisian  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 03:44
Armenian to Polish
+ ...
Jan 17, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-01-17 01:12, AbacusTrans wrote:

... at [email protected] and tell him/her that an \"accredited professional team\" cannot be had for just 2 cents.

Agree with you, but unfortunately, there are now 42 (!) bids on that exact request.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 21:44
SITE FOUNDER
inspirational - this posting gave me two ideas Jan 17, 2002

I am posting excerpts from a message I sent to one user...

------------

At a time when bidding charges, etc., have put price pressure in what I consider to be the right direction, this posting was a new and unexpected low.

Setting minimum rates has been suggested, and if every poster were like this one, I would be in favor... but as it stands, we are working on the idea of a quality-cost continuum, but are not there yet. And we won\'t be for so
... See more
I am posting excerpts from a message I sent to one user...

------------

At a time when bidding charges, etc., have put price pressure in what I consider to be the right direction, this posting was a new and unexpected low.

Setting minimum rates has been suggested, and if every poster were like this one, I would be in favor... but as it stands, we are working on the idea of a quality-cost continuum, but are not there yet. And we won\'t be for some time.

What we may do is make it a requirement for outsourcers to set a price range, and unless the price is in the reasonable range, email notifications will not go out. People will still be able to access the job online, but no one will hear about it by email.

Another thought I had, wanting to post a comment on this job itself, was that private discussions should be allowed among paying members on the job page itself. At least then there could have been some humor around this otherwise insulting posting.
Collapse

Bertha S. Deffenbaugh
Bertha S. Deffenbaugh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:44
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, Henry, ... Jan 24, 2002

Henry wrote:

\"Another thought I had, wanting to post a comment on this job itself, was that private discussions should be allowed among paying members on the job page itself. At least then there could have been some humor around this otherwise insulting posting\".

END OF QUOTE

I think this is an excelent idea!

Bertha

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Another outsourcer paying 0.02 word!

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »