liz askew  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:40
Member (2007)
French to English
+ ...
Sep 8, 2008

Hello there

I don't do much proofreading work at all, and would be grateful to know what the average charge is for proofreading a document (medical one)...

Please write to me privately if you wish at:

k.askew@which.net

By the way, I would be grateful for an idea in Euros.

Thank you!

Liz Askew

Direct link Reply with quote

Jocelyne S  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:40
French to English
+ ...
Charge by the hour Sep 8, 2008

Dear Liz,

I do a lot of proofreading and always charge by the hour. Proofreading can be great, but it can also be a nightmare - it's good to be able to choose for whom you proofread!

To avoid nasty surprises, I find it fair to all involved to charge my hourly rate. I think that if you search the forums, you'll see that this is common practice.

My proofreading rate is roughly the same as my translation rate per hour (number of words you translate per hour multiplied by your price per word or your daily target price divided by the number of hours you work per day: for example, 2000 words per day at X.XX€ = XXX€ per day divided by X hours = XX.XX€ per hour).

Hope this helps.
Best,
Jocelyne

liz askew  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:40
Member (2007)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Quoted £25/hour Sep 8, 2008

Thank you for replying, Jocelyne.

I have only done about four proof-reading jobs, and yes I do agree they are a nightmare, even worse than translating!!

I will close this now as the job has gone elsewhere. I offered my services for proof-reading as I am not doing a translation at the moment, but am relieved it did not come to me in the end!

Regards
Liz

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

French - English proofreading

Advanced search

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs