Mobile menu

Summarization rates
Thread poster: Mariam Osmann

Mariam Osmann
Local time: 00:21
English to Arabic
+ ...
Sep 13, 2008

I am asked to summarize a brochure of 60 pages to main points to serve as text for a company website. The text is technical and I am provided with the title of each page. I have to catch the main points and "what is important" to be added on the website.

I have no idea about the rates?

Direct link Reply with quote
Ken Cox  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:21
German to English
+ ...
by the hour or a negotiated fee Sep 13, 2008

This is essentially copywriting work, i.e. creative work. You could negotiate a fixed fee for the particular job or charge by the hour. In the latter case, your client will probably want to have an estimate in advance, so you need to determine how much time you think the job will take. Don't forget that the client may come back with requests for changes, so this should be reflected in your estimate.

See also

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Summarization rates

Advanced search

Translation news

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs