Paola Dentifrigi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:44
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 15, 2008

Dear all,
Lately I've been proposed several times to carry out jobs in my 2 "exotic" combinations, namely PL/RO>IT, by agencies based in the following countries:
Switzerland, UK, Germany, Belgium, Australia, Luxembourg

Of course I proposed a rather good rate, but I'm very curious to hear from those translators living there or working on a daily basis for these countries. It can be expressed per word and/or page (1500 strokes). No lines, please.

Thanks,
Paola

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 00:44
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Better get used to lines-rates Sep 15, 2008

In central europe agencies mostly apply lines of 55 characters in the target language. Wordrates are used if CAT tools are required.
Never heard of anybody using 1500 characters as unit, not north of the Brenner-pass.
Your personal rates depend on your business qualifications.
REally Australia, not Austria?
REgards
Heinrich

Paola Dentifrigi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:44
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, Australia Sep 15, 2008

Well, actually Central and Northern European agencies have always accepted my quotes per word. Never quoted in lines. They're probably flexible

Paola

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rates in the UK, Belgium, Germany etc. for unusual combinations

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs