Paltry Rates: What should or could we do.
Thread poster: Francesco Barbuto
Francesco Barbuto
Francesco Barbuto  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:49
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 11, 2003

Valued Fellow translator,

What should or could we do to dam the flooding practice to post jobs at so offensively low rates?
Let's try and see to call the attention of Proz management for an overdue solution.
Please, post your suggestions and opinions.

Regards,

FFB

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:49
English to German
+ ...
Work in progress Jun 11, 2003

Hi Francesco,
Rest assured that there's no need to "call the attention of ProZ.com management" - site staff and moderators are well aware of the need to work on the structure of the Jobs Area.

As I have pointed out in various threads (the last one just a few days ago), we are working on this - the focus being on raising the standards rather than artificially trying to "raise th
... See more
Hi Francesco,
Rest assured that there's no need to "call the attention of ProZ.com management" - site staff and moderators are well aware of the need to work on the structure of the Jobs Area.

As I have pointed out in various threads (the last one just a few days ago), we are working on this - the focus being on raising the standards rather than artificially trying to "raise the market". (I expect you are aware of the legal pitfalls involved in setting minimum rates.)

We appreciate your patience, but the Blue Board was our first priority, and these things take some time to develop and program. Constructive suggestions are always welcome, of course - either in the forums, or privately to Giuliana and/or myself.

Best regards, Ralf
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Paltry Rates: What should or could we do.

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »