Thread poster: Jay Kim

Jay Kim  Identity Verified
South Korea
Local time: 05:49
English to Korean
+ ...
Oct 9, 2008

Hi all,

A Croatian branding company offered brand name evaluation job for long-term collaboration. Company is headquartered in France with branches all over Europe, UK and US. I was offered flat rate of 2.5 Euros per name and minimum 10 Euros. That makes payment of 10 Euros for up to 4 names. For 13 names, payment would be 32.5 Euros. With experience in brand name assesment(my US branding clients are always happy with my work), good research skills and knowledge in diverse industries(from automotive, fashion, cosmetics, pharmaceutical to aerospace, defense), I replied I thought their offer was much on low side. They asked me what would be my minimum rate. What would be going (or market) rate for this type of job in Europe?

I think I can provide new client with hign quality work once we reach a good deal! TIA.

[Edited at 2008-10-10 14:51]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advise on BRANDING rate in Europe

Advanced search

Translation news

Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs