Mobile menu

How to deal with non-payer in Las Vegas?
Thread poster: Igor Indruch

Igor Indruch  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 12:36
English to Czech
Oct 29, 2008

For some time I worked for an agency located in Las Vegas, Nevada. Everything was OK, but then something changed and I did not receive any payments for last 8 months. We have exchanged some emails, but they only make excuses and false promises. I decided to stop working for them. I have last job - conveniently it is for large and respectable international company, so I will try contact this company directly.
But I would also like to contact some local authorities and tell them about this company. So I would be grateful for any suggestions, contacts, links etc.
BTW: I realized that this company has very poor BlueBoard rating now - all not paying issues. So maybe there are more translators here with some claims towards this company. So maybe we can do something together.

Direct link Reply with quote

shfranke  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:36
English to Arabic
+ ...
Local agencies to report that malfeasance Oct 29, 2008

SUBJECT: Local agencies to report that malfeasance

Greetings.

You might search online and report that non-paying firm's misconduct to these local agencies in Nevada:

1. Las Vegas Better Business Bureau

2. Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce

3. The departmenf of the State of NV government which issues and records business licenses to firms based in NV or which have a "tax home" in the state. While I am unsure of the exact name of the entity, it is usually connected with the annual assessment and collection of business taxes for the state.

In view of the time which has passed and that firm's evasive non-response to your reasonable queries about receiving your due payment for services provided, you most likely will never collect from that firm, especially since you are located outside of the state's legal system.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Stephen H. Franke
San Pedro, California

[Edited at 2008-10-29 15:41]

[Edited at 2008-10-29 15:41]

[Edited at 2008-10-29 15:42]

Czech Republic
English to Czech
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Stephen... Oct 29, 2008

Yes, those are information I was looking for.

shfranke  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:36
English to Arabic
+ ...
Good luck with exposing that non-paying firm to the NV business community Oct 29, 2008

Greetings again.

Thanks for your note. Glad to advise and assist as I can on such matters.

Good luck with exposing that non-paying firm to the Las Vegas business community and to State of NV authorities.

Regards,

Stephen H. Franke
San Pedro, California

[Edited at 2008-10-29 17:07]

José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 07:36
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Form 1099 to the US IRS Oct 29, 2008

Have a look at http://www.stevensricci.com/irs_advantage.html to understand how it works. In the USA, an unpaid debt is taxable income.

Usually just the threat of you doing it and the IRS eventually auditing their income tax returns makes tham pay immediately.

Czech Republic
English to Czech
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, José. Oct 29, 2008

It is another useful information. For know - after quite of pressure from my side - they paid larger part of my invoices. So I will see... it is definitely helpful to have this forum in such matters...

[Edited at 2008-10-29 21:41]

[Edited at 2008-10-29 21:41]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to deal with non-payer in Las Vegas?

Advanced search

Translation news

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs