Thread poster: AYiannouzis
AYiannouzis
AYiannouzis
Local time: 04:16
English to Greek
+ ...
Nov 1, 2008

Hi,

I have been asked to give a salary expectation for a localization PM position in the Czech Republic but I have no idea what the salary ranges are in the country. The company is a large one and I have BA in translation, MA in chinese and 6 years experience as translator, 3 of which as translation manager.

after having read some of the previous salary-related posts here about the actual role of the PM, I should also mention that it seems that they are looking for
... See more
Hi,

I have been asked to give a salary expectation for a localization PM position in the Czech Republic but I have no idea what the salary ranges are in the country. The company is a large one and I have BA in translation, MA in chinese and 6 years experience as translator, 3 of which as translation manager.

after having read some of the previous salary-related posts here about the actual role of the PM, I should also mention that it seems that they are looking for someone to do some real, hard-core work with very large projects in many dozens of languages.

any feedback on what should be expected to accompany the salary package (bonus, insurance, etc) would also be greatly appreciated as I have been away from Europe for some time now.

thanks in advance for the help
Collapse

Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI
Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 03:16
Member (2008)
English to Czech
SITE LOCALIZER
it depends Nov 1, 2008

Hello,

the salaries here vary a lot depending on many factors which include (but may not be the key factors in your case):
location (salaries in Prague are on average higher)
international / local company (int'l may pay more)
experience / education
organization of the company (PM may be just a basic "mediator" or an active coordinator).

Do you know the client / translator rates of that company? That could also indicate their salary level a bit.... See more
Hello,

the salaries here vary a lot depending on many factors which include (but may not be the key factors in your case):
location (salaries in Prague are on average higher)
international / local company (int'l may pay more)
experience / education
organization of the company (PM may be just a basic "mediator" or an active coordinator).

Do you know the client / translator rates of that company? That could also indicate their salary level a bit.

I can imagine (without any personal knowledge of that) PM salary can start at some 15.000 CZK and end up at anything around 50.000 CZK (but that is just my guess).

The bonuses are subject to individual company culture. If it is a large one, you can expect for example meal tickets, life/pension extra (optional) insurance contributions, bonuses (may be depending on sickness), culture/sport tickets payment, transport tickets contributions...

If you want, send me an e-mail (see my profile) with more details and I can check if I can find out more.
Collapse

Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI
Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 03:16
Member (2008)
English to Czech
SITE LOCALIZER
well Nov 1, 2008

Maybe I was not that much off-mark with my salary range guess, at least according to this "statistics" (the sample may seem to be too low, and it's a question how old are the oldest entries - average salaries grow y/y - but anyway):
http://www.merces.cz/en/salaries/translating-interpreting/project-manager

AYiannouzis
AYiannouzis
Local time: 04:16
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
this is very useful Nov 2, 2008

thanks for the info, it is indeed very useful. since i see that you live in the Czech Republic, could I also ask what should I expect in terms of living costs, i.e. housing, daily life expenses and such? I am not talking about Prague but Brno.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

localization PM salary in Czech Republic

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »