strange problem. can´t pay my supplier..
Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 15:25
English to German
+ ...
Nov 2, 2008

Hi! this was a first time service supplier and she was very good. I want to pay her, but she does not respond. I have tried to call, sent mails,but all of a sudden there is absolutely no response. I am somewhat worried. Did any one of you encounter such a situation and give me useful adv. BR Brandis

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Have you not received an invoice, yet? Nov 2, 2008

Then, just wait! I am sure the supplier will send you one in due course, if she values her time and money. It is not your problem to chase after the invoice.

LuciaC
LuciaC
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:25
English to Italian
+ ...
Where is she based? Nov 2, 2008

In the UK, for instance, last week was half-term (school holidays) and many families were away.

[Edited at 2008-11-02 18:50]

Marijke Singer
Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
Spain
Dutch to English
+ ...
Happened to me once Nov 2, 2008

The translator had died before he could send me an invoice. I can tell you that this gave me a very strange feeling.

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 07:25
Dutch to English
+ ...
End of month Nov 3, 2008

Some people invoice at the end of the month, so it can still come anytime.

Karin Seelhof
Karin Seelhof  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
Had the same idea as Marijke Nov 3, 2008

If an agency can not be contacted (does not answer) regarding a due invoice, the reason is obvious

With a supplier, it is a different thing. I thought immediately that something could have happened to the translator....
If I were you, I would just wait. You tried to contact her and that is all you could do. Just wait and see....

Angela Dickson (X)
Angela Dickson (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:25
French to English
+ ...
details Nov 3, 2008

You don't give many details. I assume you don't have an invoice yet - if you do, you will have the payment details on the invoice, surely?

If not, there could be any number of explanations as to why she hasn't sent one yet. I very often finish one project, send it off and move straight on to the next, and only get round to invoicing when I have a spare moment - often at the end of the week, sometimes not for a couple of weeks. I have one agency that even nags me to invoice them.

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No invoice there yet,, Nov 3, 2008

Hi! we had agreed on 30-45 days clearance, but it is beyond 60days now. I keep calling her and sending mails, there is absolutely no response. It is funny though, few of my outsourcers also behave like this these days, shifted to another address and no contact numbers and mails do not go. I wonder what had happened to her. She could be on a holiday. The last time I had asked her in a mail was a confirmation about the word count and I did not receive a response. For a first time service supplier... See more
Hi! we had agreed on 30-45 days clearance, but it is beyond 60days now. I keep calling her and sending mails, there is absolutely no response. It is funny though, few of my outsourcers also behave like this these days, shifted to another address and no contact numbers and mails do not go. I wonder what had happened to her. She could be on a holiday. The last time I had asked her in a mail was a confirmation about the word count and I did not receive a response. For a first time service supplier she was very good, from england ! yes. BR BrandisCollapse

Stephanie Sirot (X)
Stephanie Sirot (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:25
English to French
+ ...
If the supplier doesn't invoice you, it is her problem not yours. Nov 3, 2008

It is not your job to chase after invoices. When she sees that no payment is coming, I am sure she will contact you. Otherwise, it is her loss!
It is great to be honest but you are not her "Mum". If she is a grown-up running a business, she shouldn't need you to remind her to invoice you.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
You have done your part Nov 4, 2008

To me this is quite simple: You have done your best to contact your supplier, with no reply from her side. It's your supplier's duty to send an invoice you can pay. No invoice, no payment. You cannot pay without a corresponding accounting document.

So don't worry. Let her contact you with the invoice and request a payment. Of course if this is not settled in let's say four or five months, you might want to try to find her with other means, like contacting other people who might have
... See more
To me this is quite simple: You have done your best to contact your supplier, with no reply from her side. It's your supplier's duty to send an invoice you can pay. No invoice, no payment. You cannot pay without a corresponding accounting document.

So don't worry. Let her contact you with the invoice and request a payment. Of course if this is not settled in let's say four or five months, you might want to try to find her with other means, like contacting other people who might have been in touch with her in the past, professional associations she might be a member of, a topic posting in websites she might visit...

But after all, she might have urgent family matters to attend, or might be on holidays. You are bound to hearing from her soon.
Collapse

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for the consoling.. Nov 4, 2008

Hi! She was just out of city on an assignment and has now been paid. BR Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

strange problem. can´t pay my supplier..

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »