Mobile menu

International bank draft from Holland--payable in US?
Thread poster: Robert Forstag
Robert Forstag  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:39
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 5, 2008

I have a client in Holland who is willing to pay me for a project with an International Bank Draft (in euros) from a bank in Holland. My question is whether I will be able to cash this draft at a bank in my city (Cleveland, Ohio, USA). I've never been paid in this way before.

As important as whether I will be able to cash it is the issue of fees and possible delays in getting it cashed (e.g., a 60-day hold would definitely not be welcome).

Is there anyone familiar with this kind of transaction between a European client and a US translator?

Thanks so much,

Bob

Direct link Reply with quote

Marion Rooijmans
Netherlands
Local time: 14:39
English to Dutch
+ ...
Ask your bank Nov 5, 2008

Hi Robert,

I am certainly not familiar with this kind of transaction, but I think your bank should be able to answer your questions.

Good luck,
Marion

Nizamettin Yigit  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 14:39
Dutch to Turkish
+ ...
Better contact your bank Nov 5, 2008

For the opposite situation, cashing of a draft I had to wait 14 days before I saw it in my account. I was charged €12.50.
Fees may be about the same but time fram may be varrying by bank.

Good luck!

Nizam

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

International bank draft from Holland--payable in US?

Advanced search

Translation news

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs