Moneybookers - banging my head against a brick wall!
Thread poster: ST Translations
ST Translations
ST Translations
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:58
French to English
Nov 13, 2008

I think I'm going to seek legal advice about this company because, in spite of sending the documents required to Moneybookers, they will not accept them . They said that the bank statement I sent them was issued in 2007 and yet it says in the top right-hand corner: Issue date: 13 June 2008. I pointed this out to them and they have sent me a new message now saying that there is no Moneybookers entry listed on the statement, yet it is there plain to see. They are now asking me to send more docu... See more
I think I'm going to seek legal advice about this company because, in spite of sending the documents required to Moneybookers, they will not accept them . They said that the bank statement I sent them was issued in 2007 and yet it says in the top right-hand corner: Issue date: 13 June 2008. I pointed this out to them and they have sent me a new message now saying that there is no Moneybookers entry listed on the statement, yet it is there plain to see. They are now asking me to send more documents - a driver's licence and utility bill. I don't know why they are doing this but I have dropped a main agency of mine now, who insist on using them because I am spending large amounts of time trying to deal with Moneybooker problems instead of doing my work and becoming very stressed And this has been going on for some time.

I didn't have a problem with Moneybookers for about a year - they seem fantastic in the beginning. Please be careful of them. I have no problem with sending identity documents - the problem is Moneybookers' incompetence in dealing with their customers.
Collapse

Lindsay Sabadosa (X)
Lindsay Sabadosa (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:58
Italian to English
+ ...
I've Been There Nov 13, 2008

While they weren't quite that incompetent, I can commiserate. May I suggest circles, arrows, writing in: "READ HERE" or "INFORMATION HERE." It might help.

Stuart Dowell
Stuart Dowell  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 19:58
Member (2007)
Polish to English
+ ...
What did they say? Nov 13, 2008

What did they say when you pointed out the information on the bank statement?

Ines Burrell
Ines Burrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Been there, done that Nov 13, 2008

And that was with both Moneybookers and Paypal. Now I would not touch them with a 100 feet pole. Both took my money and kept it for over half a year without any explanation. The fact that they are a law to themselves (especially Paypal) and that there is nothing on earth you can do to prove that you are not, for example, a giraffe is quite enough for me to drop any clients insisting on paying only through Paypal or Moneybookers. So I know exactly how you feel. Good luck, you will need every dro... See more
And that was with both Moneybookers and Paypal. Now I would not touch them with a 100 feet pole. Both took my money and kept it for over half a year without any explanation. The fact that they are a law to themselves (especially Paypal) and that there is nothing on earth you can do to prove that you are not, for example, a giraffe is quite enough for me to drop any clients insisting on paying only through Paypal or Moneybookers. So I know exactly how you feel. Good luck, you will need every drop of it!

Ines
Collapse

Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
French to English
Cross purposes? Nov 13, 2008

ST Translations wrote:
They said that the bank statement I sent them was issued in 2007 and yet it says in the top right-hand corner: Issue date: 13 June 2008. I pointed this out to them and they have sent me a new message now saying that there is no Moneybookers entry listed on the statement, yet it is there plain to see.

This may not be helpful, but my immediate reaction on reading that was "we are clearly talking about 2 different documents". Perhaps MB have confused you with someone else - with a similar name, maybe? If you can get to talk to someone, perhaps you could try to make sure you're both talking about the same piece of paper, because unless you really are dealing with an utter imbecile, it sounds to me like some wires are crossed somewhere.

Other than that, I can't offer much in the way of solace as I decided long ago not to get involved with Moneybookers or PayPal.

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
My experience was positive Nov 13, 2008

Email replies were quick, instructions clear, and the verification process was not at all unreasonable. In my experience, their customer support was better and their procedures not more complicated than those of many brick-and-mortar banks.
But clearly, your experience is quite different.
Attila

ST Translations
ST Translations
United Kingdom
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for listening! Nov 13, 2008

Thanks Lindsay, your suggestions are excellent, although who can believe that this should be necessary.

Stuart: one of the problems is, when I point things out to them they say nothing about it - it is as though they have had amnesia since the last time I spoke to them. Also, I give them pieces of information and then they ask for the same pieces of information over and over again, although I always quote the same ticket number. It's an awful thing to say but I wonder if they un
... See more
Thanks Lindsay, your suggestions are excellent, although who can believe that this should be necessary.

Stuart: one of the problems is, when I point things out to them they say nothing about it - it is as though they have had amnesia since the last time I spoke to them. Also, I give them pieces of information and then they ask for the same pieces of information over and over again, although I always quote the same ticket number. It's an awful thing to say but I wonder if they understand English properly? I even tried ringing them twice but each time the line was so bad I could hardly hear them and I know there isn't a problem with my phone!

Thanks Burrell for your comments. To tell you the truth, I've almost been reduced to tears by them and your comment about a giraffe made me laugh! People on this forum are always kind and understanding.
Collapse

ST Translations
ST Translations
United Kingdom
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Dear Charlie Nov 13, 2008

Yes I will try to ring them this time (on their very quiet phone), maybe it's better than sending messages back and forth. Thanks for your advice.

Attila - glad that you at least had a positive experience

[Edited at 2008-11-13 11:38]

Blandina Broesicke
Blandina Broesicke  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Chinese to German
+ ...
patience is needed Nov 13, 2008

I have come across similar problems with MB. It takes them ages to react.

Calling them instead sending emails helps, although the voice on the other side sounds like a roboter and is hardly understandable.

Now you have send them all the documents (twice, because they did not accept your documents first), you got your ticket with a resolution. But you still have to change your email and password, again. And, again, no reaction.

I understand that safety mat
... See more
I have come across similar problems with MB. It takes them ages to react.

Calling them instead sending emails helps, although the voice on the other side sounds like a roboter and is hardly understandable.

Now you have send them all the documents (twice, because they did not accept your documents first), you got your ticket with a resolution. But you still have to change your email and password, again. And, again, no reaction.

I understand that safety matters, but this style of bureaucracy drives me crazy.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Moneybookers - banging my head against a brick wall!

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »