Mobile menu

Italian banks - account opening/maintenance for people living outside Italy
Thread poster: simona dachille

simona dachille  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:33
Italian to English
Nov 13, 2008

I work for Italian companies and live in the UK. I receive my payments into my Italian bank account then transfer them over to my English account on a monthly basis.
At the moment the bank I am using is undergoing a merger and internet access will be changing. I have been told i have to go into the bank in person to collect the new codes but I cannot travel at the moment. Does anyone know of any Italian banks that have accounts for people who live abroad and how these work? TIA

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-11-13 14:29]

Direct link Reply with quote

Sonia Hill
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:33
Member (2010)
Italian to English
A suggestion Nov 13, 2008

Hi Simona,

Most of my clients are Italian agencies. When I moved back to the UK I closed my Italian bank account and asked my Italian clients to pay the money directly into my UK account in euros. This incurs no charge at my end and is far more convenient. None of my clients have ever objected to doing this. Wouldn't it be easier for you to do something like this?
It is also worth bearing in mind that UK banks don't generally charge any fees for having an account either. I was shocked at how much I had to pay for my Italian bank account.

[Edited at 2008-11-13 15:21]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Italian banks - account opening/maintenance for people living outside Italy

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs