no payment, no reply by agency... what can I do?
Thread poster: Roberta Campani
Roberta Campani
Roberta Campani  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 17:50
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 8, 2009

Hello, at the end of November I did a translation for a UK agency, the strange thing is someoneelse was translating the same text... ok, and now I sent my invoice beginning december but still no payment in sight... no answer either. They said they'd send me a PO but nothing...
thank you for your advice.

Artemisia

nortranslate (X)
nortranslate (X)
Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
...let us hope you where not a victim of a scam. Jan 8, 2009

ref my posting:
http://www.proz.com/forum/translation_theory_and_practice/122591-bogus_translation_jobs.html#1008131

We are not allowed to publish names here, but if you want to know who tried to scam me, send me an e-mail.

Roy [at] <
... See more
ref my posting:
http://www.proz.com/forum/translation_theory_and_practice/122591-bogus_translation_jobs.html#1008131

We are not allowed to publish names here, but if you want to know who tried to scam me, send me an e-mail.

Roy [at] nortranslate.com

[Edited at 2009-01-08 15:36 GMT]
Collapse

Alberto Martinez
Alberto Martinez
Malaysia
Local time: 23:50
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Do share the info Jan 8, 2009

Dear Artemisia:

By all means share the input about that rogue agency; I had been approached by one agency in UK and I hope it is not the same one. Please email me the agency name and person responsible at info ( at ) b-lingo.com

There is something I dont understand; if you knew they had assigneed the same text to someone else, why did you still go ahead? I would had asked for clarification or better still, a deposit

Give them a few more weeks of relentless
... See more
Dear Artemisia:

By all means share the input about that rogue agency; I had been approached by one agency in UK and I hope it is not the same one. Please email me the agency name and person responsible at info ( at ) b-lingo.com

There is something I dont understand; if you knew they had assigneed the same text to someone else, why did you still go ahead? I would had asked for clarification or better still, a deposit

Give them a few more weeks of relentless demand, by telephone, fax and e-mail. Best would be if you have the mboile number of the person in charge. You can then send 10 web-based SMS ( there some dogdy portals in Taiwan in collusion with telephone operators) that are quite costly to the receiver, up to 10 cents Euro per SMS received; after they notice the hefty bill they will cough up.

Empowerment through IT!!

Regards

Alberto

[Edited at 2009-01-08 15:15 GMT]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Call them Jan 8, 2009

Hi Artemisia,
Hello, at the end of November I did a translation for a UK agency, the strange thing is someoneelse was translating the same text... ok, and now I sent my invoice beginning december but still no payment in sight... no answer either. They said they'd send me a PO but nothing...

The first thing I would do is to call them - if you use a freemail account, your message might be caught by a spam filter.

Failing this, if they have a Blue Board record, post an entry - if they're not listed yet, create a record for them.

Best regards,
Ralf

Ana Kroll
Ana Kroll  Identity Verified
German to Polish
+ ...
think positive Jan 8, 2009

Hi,

Last time I had the same problem. I did great job for some agency 3 times and I was waiting for the payment for the last job. I contacted the agnecy several times and nothing, any answer...
I decided to write a post and I received a several answers from our collegues.
After 2 days the agency contacted me! YEah! My PM didn't work for the agency since September, so they didn't know about my problems etc.

I think the positive thinking can do miracles!
... See more
Hi,

Last time I had the same problem. I did great job for some agency 3 times and I was waiting for the payment for the last job. I contacted the agnecy several times and nothing, any answer...
I decided to write a post and I received a several answers from our collegues.
After 2 days the agency contacted me! YEah! My PM didn't work for the agency since September, so they didn't know about my problems etc.

I think the positive thinking can do miracles!
Don't stop think positive, I wish you good lock!

All the best!
Ann

[Edited at 2009-01-08 22:10 GMT]
Collapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 22:50
English to Thai
+ ...
Chronic non-paying agencies Jan 9, 2009

Certain agencies understand that Internet is free of charge. They seek free of charge service globally.
Some victions [including me] need to be careful to take jobs.
I suggest Proz to have a special Webinar/Powwow on how not to be such victims [in particular, among new translators.]

Soonthon L.

Da Best
Da Best
Hong Kong
Local time: 23:50
English to Chinese
+ ...
I also didnt get pay from one UK agency. Jan 23, 2009

I also didnt get pay from one UK agency. shall I know what is your agency s name

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
No discussion of specific outsourcers in the forums, please Jan 23, 2009

Good morning,
Da Best wrote:

I also didnt get pay from one UK agency. shall I know what is your agency s name

Please do not discuss specific outsourcers in the forum; your attention is drawn to forum rule no. 8. You can, of course, contact the job poster directly, through her profile.

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

no payment, no reply by agency... what can I do?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »