Thread poster: dorna
dorna
United States
Local time: 21:25
Farsi (Persian) to English
+ ...
Feb 3, 2002

Hi there,

An American writer that I know who is writing a book on Iranian cinema has \'hours\' of tapes that are interviews with Iranian filmmakers and I will be translating these for him. The payments will be through a foundation that he has a grant from to pay for all translations. He has told me that they are very \'generous\'. But quite honestly, I don\'t know how to price the job. By the tape? By the time spent? By the word? In a way I\'d like to do it based on the time of the audio cassettes (as if it were a live interpreting gig), but then, because it is NOT a live interpreting job, it is much more work than that. Anyhow, this is the only place where I thought someone may have the experience to advise me... I\'d appreciate any input.

Thanks.

Dorna

dornakhazeni@hotmail.com

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Farsi to English Audio Cassettes Pricing Question

Advanced search

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs