Thread poster: ksbtranslation
ksbtranslation
ksbtranslation  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 06:07
Indonesian to English
+ ...
Feb 24, 2009

Our translator has just completed a large project assigned by a Proz member whose profile is registered as a famous IT company in China. The huge payment will be due tomorrow. However I found it difficult to contact her by phone or email. No telephone number or address is listed either in her emails or PO.

I tried to access the numbers found in her blueboard and company website but unfortunately they could not put me through to her because they require her Chinese name. There are so
... See more
Our translator has just completed a large project assigned by a Proz member whose profile is registered as a famous IT company in China. The huge payment will be due tomorrow. However I found it difficult to contact her by phone or email. No telephone number or address is listed either in her emails or PO.

I tried to access the numbers found in her blueboard and company website but unfortunately they could not put me through to her because they require her Chinese name. There are some employees using similar names and none of them is in charge of the translation!

So far she only contacted me when she had another task for us to do or confirmed the receipt of our delivery. she never complained about our translation.

I am really worried about this since I have no evidence to claim the payment. All I got is a plain PO which does not include any detailed information about her company, tasks and payment. She could easily run away with it although she promised me that she would process the whole payment on Wednesday, 25th February 2009.

I wonder if you could share your ideas.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Iwan
Collapse

Mohamed Mehenoun
Mohamed Mehenoun  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 00:07
English to French
+ ...
Retrace the IP Feb 24, 2009

ksbtranslation wrote:

I tried to access the numbers found in her blueboard and company website but unfortunately they could not put me through to her because they require her Chinese name. There are some employees using similar names and none of them is in charge of the translation!

So far she only contacted me when she had another task for us to do or confirmed the receipt of our delivery. she never complained about our translation.

I am really worried about this since I have no evidence to claim the payment. All I got is a plain PO which does not include any detailed information about her company, tasks and payment. She could easily run away with it although she promised me that she would process the whole payment on Wednesday, 25th February 2009.

I wonder if you could share your ideas.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Iwan

You shouldn't accept plain P.O. However if worse comes to worst you'd be able to prove the origin of the request with the headers in the emails you received. You'll just need to expand them and locate the IP address...

http://www.ipligence.com/emailtrace/
http://www.johnru.com/active-whois/trace-email.html

Just be more cautious next time.

Cheers !

[Edited at 2009-02-24 15:49 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-02-24 17:31 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to deal with a hard-to-reach client

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »