Mobile menu

UK rates for Hebrew-English translators
Thread poster: Ruth Kilner
Ruth Kilner
Local time: 00:41
Hebrew to English
Mar 26, 2009

I am a Hebrew-English translator, based in Israel. I have recently started applying for jobs in the UK too, and I was hoping someone could help me out as to the going rate for Heb-Eng translations in Britain, both agency and private work.

Direct link Reply with quote

Stephen Rifkind  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:41
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Exotic language Mar 26, 2009

Dear Ruth,

Most of my work comes from Europe, including the UK. The British pound has suffered from large variations in the last year. Therefore, I quote in Euros and treat the UK as part of it. 20-25 Euros per target page is not unreasonable, taking into account material, form (PDF), and deadlines. Depending on your skill and speciality, you make be able to get more.

Yael Ramon  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:41
German to Hebrew
+ ...
European Rates Mar 26, 2009

the following link may help you:

in this PDF, on pages 20-21 and on you can find a summary of survey as to current rates and pricing methods for the different European countries.

Wish you luck

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

UK rates for Hebrew-English translators

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs