Always the Same Outsourcers...
Thread poster: Antonella Andreella
Antonella Andreella  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 17:24
German to Italian
+ ...
Feb 12, 2002

Why do always the same agencies/ooutsourcers keep on asking for bids on the same language pairs? Are they always unsatisfied with translators or just want to get each time the lowest pricing?

Many thanks to all of you for your kind reply/explanation.

Antonella
[addsig]

Direct link Reply with quote

Yngve Roennike  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:24
Danish to English
+ ...
Pretty weird, I would say. Feb 14, 2002

And sometimes this occurs in the middle of the night when you have no chance to respond. I had one instance of that about a year ago. Not much of a confidence builder, it hurts the agent in the long run I would say. I would adopt a non-commital attitude, next time they actually come a\'calling which they probably will if they were happy with your work product last time around, by shrugging them off, if you can afford it, i.e., not treating them as as serious enough to warrant your consideration.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Always the Same Outsourcers...

Advanced search

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs