Always the Same Outsourcers...
Thread poster: Antonella Andreella
Antonella Andreella  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 17:24
German to Italian
+ ...
Feb 12, 2002

Why do always the same agencies/ooutsourcers keep on asking for bids on the same language pairs? Are they always unsatisfied with translators or just want to get each time the lowest pricing?

Many thanks to all of you for your kind reply/explanation.

Antonella
[addsig]

Direct link Reply with quote

Yngve Roennike  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:24
Danish to English
+ ...
Pretty weird, I would say. Feb 14, 2002

And sometimes this occurs in the middle of the night when you have no chance to respond. I had one instance of that about a year ago. Not much of a confidence builder, it hurts the agent in the long run I would say. I would adopt a non-commital attitude, next time they actually come a\'calling which they probably will if they were happy with your work product last time around, by shrugging them off, if you can afford it, i.e., not treating them as as serious enough to warrant your consideration.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Always the Same Outsourcers...

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs