PayPal default language for Germany: How to change it to English?
Thread poster: Lubain Masum
Lubain Masum
Lubain Masum  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:41
Member (2006)
English to Bengali
+ ...
Mar 10, 2010

Dear fellow translators,

As many of you, I have been facing problem with the money transfer because Bangladesh government does not allow use of PayPal in my country though many of my clients insist on paying small amount via PayPal instead of moneybookers. Therefore, I convinced one of my relatives, who lives in Germany, to open a PayPal account and allow me to share it with him. When opening the account, I found that the default language is German and I do not see any option to cha
... See more
Dear fellow translators,

As many of you, I have been facing problem with the money transfer because Bangladesh government does not allow use of PayPal in my country though many of my clients insist on paying small amount via PayPal instead of moneybookers. Therefore, I convinced one of my relatives, who lives in Germany, to open a PayPal account and allow me to share it with him. When opening the account, I found that the default language is German and I do not see any option to change it. Though my cousin knows basic/intermediate German, I know nothing and so I find it very difficult to communicate because each time an email from PayPal comes (a common email accessed by both), I had to ask my cousin what it says. I was wondering whether it is possible to change the language to English.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you in advance.

Lubain
Collapse

Anne Spitzmueller
Anne Spitzmueller  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:41
English to German
Instructions Mar 10, 2010

Hello Lubain,

Here is how you can change your Paypal language preferences:

1. Log into your Paypal account.
2. Click on "Mein Profil" (my profile).
3. Under the heading "Kontoinformationen" (account information) (column on the left-hand side) find "Spracheinstellungen" (language preferences). Click on it.
4. In the drop-down list choose your preferred language.
5. Click on the orange button "Speichern" (save). The language should change n
... See more
Hello Lubain,

Here is how you can change your Paypal language preferences:

1. Log into your Paypal account.
2. Click on "Mein Profil" (my profile).
3. Under the heading "Kontoinformationen" (account information) (column on the left-hand side) find "Spracheinstellungen" (language preferences). Click on it.
4. In the drop-down list choose your preferred language.
5. Click on the orange button "Speichern" (save). The language should change now.

Hope this helps.

Anne
Collapse

Lubain Masum
Lubain Masum  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:41
Member (2006)
English to Bengali
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Mar 11, 2010

Dear Anne,

Your information is extremely helpful. I think you deserve more than just thanks and good wishes!

Have a good day!

Regards
Lubain

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PayPal default language for Germany: How to change it to English?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »