Thread poster: Williamson
Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:10
Flemish to English
+ ...
Nov 26, 2003

If I am not mistaken Proz is adding 16% of (German) VAT to the nominal price of its membership, because one of their employees has registered for VAT in Germany and will pay this VAT to the local VAT-authorities.
Correct me if I am wrong, but a Proz-member can also pay a part of his/her Platinum membership with Browniz. If I pay half (is this possible) with Browniz and the rest in euros then my platinum membership should cost me 60 +9.6 euro (69.5 euro) and a few thousand Browniz???
... See more
If I am not mistaken Proz is adding 16% of (German) VAT to the nominal price of its membership, because one of their employees has registered for VAT in Germany and will pay this VAT to the local VAT-authorities.
Correct me if I am wrong, but a Proz-member can also pay a part of his/her Platinum membership with Browniz. If I pay half (is this possible) with Browniz and the rest in euros then my platinum membership should cost me 60 +9.6 euro (69.5 euro) and a few thousand Browniz???

[Edited at 2003-11-26 17:33]
Collapse

Marc P (X)
Marc P (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:10
German to English
+ ...
16% on BrowniZ Nov 26, 2003

Williamson wrote:

Yes, but you will have to remember to pay an extra 16% BrowniZ to the tax authorities if you are in Germany.

You can, of course, offset these BrowniZ against any BrowniZ taxes you have to pay. I presume there's a box for this on the Vorsteueranmeldungsformular.

Marc

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Double-checking on details Nov 27, 2003

Hi Williamson,
I believe you're right, but I am in contact with ProZ.com to double-check. Bear with me - thanks for your patience.

Best regards, Ralf

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 00:10
SITE STAFF
VAT charged based on country of buyer Dec 23, 2003

Williamson,

VAT is charged to EU residents based on the country they live in. German VAT is charged only to German members without a valid VAT number. Since you live in the U.K., you would be charged the United Kingdom's 17.5% VAT if you don't have a VAT number.

Platinum membership renewal with a BrowniZ discount costs 70.00 $/Eur + 4000 BrowniZ points. 17.5% U.K. VAT will add 12.25, if you don't have a VAT number, and transaction fees vary from 0 to 5.00, depending on
... See more
Williamson,

VAT is charged to EU residents based on the country they live in. German VAT is charged only to German members without a valid VAT number. Since you live in the U.K., you would be charged the United Kingdom's 17.5% VAT if you don't have a VAT number.

Platinum membership renewal with a BrowniZ discount costs 70.00 $/Eur + 4000 BrowniZ points. 17.5% U.K. VAT will add 12.25, if you don't have a VAT number, and transaction fees vary from 0 to 5.00, depending on the selected payment method. Hope this helps.

Regards,

jg
Collapse

Federica Masante
Federica Masante  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
How do you pay in Browniz? Dec 24, 2003

Hi everyone,

Could anyone tell me how you can pay for your Platinum renewal (or half of it) in Browniz?? I didn't realise you could do that, and seeing as I need to renew my membership in a couple of days I thought I might as well use up some of my Browniz points. I would appreciate your help.

Thanks and happy holidays to all
Federica

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Selection on the Upgrade page Dec 25, 2003

Hi Federica,
Could anyone tell me how you can pay for your Platinum renewal (or half of it) in Browniz??

On the Platinum page you have a selection of payment options, including partial payment using BrowniZ. Obviously, you only have access to that option if (i) you're logged in and (ii) your BrowniZ balance is sufficient.

HTH, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proz-platinium renewal

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »