Mobile menu

A rush job has been posted with a low amount offered for payment.
Thread poster: Aisha Rishi

Aisha Rishi
Pakistan
Local time: 11:41
English to Urdu
+ ...
Nov 28, 2003

I found this job posting today

http://www.proz.com/job/46662

Cant imagine if anyone would agree to be paid soooooooooooooooo little for such a rush job.

Direct link Reply with quote

pascie  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:41
English to French
+ ...
I know Nov 28, 2003

I have been contacted by this company for translation services into French. After I downloaded the PDF on their server, I chose not to reply. The problem is they will definitely find some translators or so-called translators to meet their rates. They are unfortunately not the only ones. Some agencies in Germany are pretty good too, but they have found some translators in France to perform the translations. Even in France where tax are killing!
As long as some translators will accept, why not...

Aisha Rishi
Pakistan
Local time: 11:41
English to Urdu
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
its a pity Nov 28, 2003

pascie wrote:

I have been contacted by this company for translation services into French. After I downloaded the PDF on their server, I chose not to reply. The problem is they will definitely find some translators or so-called translators to meet their rates. They are unfortunately not the only ones. Some agencies in Germany are pretty good too, but they have found some translators in France to perform the translations. Even in France where tax are killing!

someone has already bid on it. I cant imagine why they would translate 1500 words in 4 hours for just 0.01 USD, thats even lower than the standard rates even in India.

Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:11
English to Tamil
+ ...
It is less than 0.01 USD Nov 29, 2003

1 USD equals around Rs. 45. In that way the proposed insulting rate is less than 0.01 USD. Around 0.009 is more like it.
This agency is not at all professional. One posting from them stipulated that the translators should live in Chennai, India. As I fulfilled this requirement I sent them an email. I get a reply saying that as they were strict with the residence requirement, they will keep my data for the future. When I pointed out that I do live in Chennai, they sent a mail saying, ok ok they didn't read my mail carefully and sorry and all that.
What better can you expect of such an agency?
Regards,
N.Raghavan

sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:41
English to French
Sounds pretty Dec 1, 2003

Narasimhan Raghavan wrote:

1 USD equals around Rs. 45. In that way the proposed insulting rate is less than 0.01 USD. Around 0.009 is more like it.
This agency is not at all professional. One posting from them stipulated that the translators should live in Chennai, India. As I fulfilled this requirement I sent them an email. I get a reply saying that as they were strict with the residence requirement, they will keep my data for the future. When I pointed out that I do live in Chennai, they sent a mail saying, ok ok they didn't read my mail carefully and sorry and all that.
What better can you expect of such an agency?
Regards,
N.Raghavan

funky. Sometimes, I wonder which planet those folks live on.

Fortunately there are decent folks out there too.

xxxNaseeruddin  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:11
English to Urdu
+ ...
Normal thing Jan 5, 2004

It is really normal. We should not compare our charges to anybody. Everybody has a right to fix a price and if we are not agree, we can just stop working with that person. If a person is agree to work at low rates, it is his/her discretion and let him/her work. As fas as I am concerned, my charges are high just because I know my work whereas standard rates in India are low. You may find a lot of translators living at a place of high standard but working at low rates. It is just a matter of decision.

Regards,
N. Siddiqui

azure_8 wrote:

pascie wrote:

someone has already bid on it. I cant imagine why they would translate 1500 words in 4 hours for just 0.01 USD, thats even lower than the standard rates even in India.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A rush job has been posted with a low amount offered for payment.

Advanced search

Translation news

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs