Mobile menu

A Paris publisher never pays
Thread poster: Bert
Bert
Local time: 04:29
French to German
+ ...
Nov 28, 2003

2 years agoo, I translated a book about Athens for an little Paris publisher (of books about big world cities). We worked per e-mail only, I didn't ask for a contract. Since delivery at time, they do no more answer on phone and did never pay.

I found other people from different countries with same problems of this publisher. It seems this publisher always tri not to pay - either you must go and besiege their office for several days or sur. Even temporary workers receive less money than promised, so they change regularly.

What can I do in US or GB. Are there an juristic, police institution which treat against those dishonnest companies?

I am looking for other translators which had problems with this publisher, in order to sue together

More information in the Blue Board!

Direct link Reply with quote

ganaa444  Identity Verified
Mongolia
Local time: 11:29
Mongolian to English
+ ...
Why Jan 7, 2004

1. Why don't you annonce the name and address details of that publisher in this forum?
2. Has anyone translated for so called language software company Eurotalk? I am starting to have strange problems with it concerning the payment.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Please have a look at the forum rules Jan 7, 2004

Good morning, "ganaa444",
May I suggest you take a look at the forum rules (Community/FAQ)?

ganaa444 wrote:

1. Why don't you annonce the name and address details of that publisher in this forum?

Because this is prohibited under the forum rules - note that ProZ.com operates a separate section (the Blue Board) where personal experience about outsourcers can be exchanged. (Note that Bert posted there.)

2. Has anyone translated for so called language software company Eurotalk? I am starting to have strange problems with it concerning the payment.

I suggest you create an entry on the Blue Board (specifying as many details as you have).

Best regards, Ralf

ganaa444  Identity Verified
Mongolia
Local time: 11:29
Mongolian to English
+ ...
Advice needed Jan 8, 2004

Thank you for your reply.
I just need some advice to settle the problem.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Contact me privately Jan 8, 2004

Hi again,
Please contact me through my profile - maybe I can help.

Best, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A Paris publisher never pays

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs