Thread poster: Sugeng Hariyanto
Sugeng Hariyanto
Sugeng Hariyanto  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:45
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Mar 7, 2002

Hi there,

How to deal with \"late payment\" from an agent?

Is it usuall that an agent does not give any job order and ask
[addsig]

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:45
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Late payment administrative procedure Mar 7, 2002

Dear Sugeng,

Firstly, it depends on how late the payment is, and also what kind of arrangement you made in the first place.

My experience over the Internet is that the rate paid per word is stated in the advert, however when it will be paid is not mentioned. It is up to you to send out your own invoice by post as fast as possible after completion of the work, and write at the bottom of the invoice \"Payment should be made within 30 days to...(Give bank
... See more
Dear Sugeng,

Firstly, it depends on how late the payment is, and also what kind of arrangement you made in the first place.

My experience over the Internet is that the rate paid per word is stated in the advert, however when it will be paid is not mentioned. It is up to you to send out your own invoice by post as fast as possible after completion of the work, and write at the bottom of the invoice \"Payment should be made within 30 days to...(Give bank details).

30 days is reasonable. To me, however, this means that I allow an extra three days after expiry of the 30-day period, as the client is allowed to initiate the bank transfer on the 30th day.

I wait 5-7 days after expiry of the 33-day period, and then fax the bill through to the client with the word \"Reminder\" or the words \"Friendly Reminder\" stamped or written on it.

7 days later, if the bill has still not been paid, I do the same again.

7 further days later, repeat the procedure, if necessary.

After this, threaten legal action.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

late payment

Translation news

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »