Receiving payments outside of Europe
Thread poster: Antony Addy (X)
Antony Addy (X)
Antony Addy (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:17
French to English
Dec 23, 2003

Hi everyone,

I have tried to filter through various PayPal threads to find a concrete conclusion to my dilemma. I work mostly with European agencies where the new IBAN transfer system saves so much on fees, however I am now awaiting payment from Canada for in excess of EUR 1000. I have not renewed my PayPal account since we had to agree to their new terms and conditions.

Could anyone suggest the most cost effective way to receive money from Canada? I am based in France
... See more
Hi everyone,

I have tried to filter through various PayPal threads to find a concrete conclusion to my dilemma. I work mostly with European agencies where the new IBAN transfer system saves so much on fees, however I am now awaiting payment from Canada for in excess of EUR 1000. I have not renewed my PayPal account since we had to agree to their new terms and conditions.

Could anyone suggest the most cost effective way to receive money from Canada? I am based in France if that information helps. Would PayPal still be the best option?

I really do not have any idea on the best solution here.

Thank you for any help and I wish all on ProZ a very Happy Christmas.

Regards,
Antony
Collapse

Sergei Tumanov
Sergei Tumanov  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:17
English to Russian
+ ...
personally checked Dec 28, 2003

I have been using 3 payment systems for worldwide e-currency transfers myself and would like to recommend them to everybody:

1/ www.e-gold.com
2/ www.wmtransfer.com
3/ www.moneybookers.com

Instant transfers
... See more
I have been using 3 payment systems for worldwide e-currency transfers myself and would like to recommend them to everybody:

1/ www.e-gold.com
2/ www.wmtransfer.com
3/ www.moneybookers.com

Instant transfers and low fees for transfer - max 50 cents (e-gold and moneybookers) and 0.8% of the transfer amount (webmoney) makt hese sytems a real help.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Receiving payments outside of Europe

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »