Mobile menu

Receiving payments outside of Europe
Thread poster: Antony Addy
Antony Addy  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:30
French to English
Dec 23, 2003

Hi everyone,

I have tried to filter through various PayPal threads to find a concrete conclusion to my dilemma. I work mostly with European agencies where the new IBAN transfer system saves so much on fees, however I am now awaiting payment from Canada for in excess of EUR 1000. I have not renewed my PayPal account since we had to agree to their new terms and conditions.

Could anyone suggest the most cost effective way to receive money from Canada? I am based in France if that information helps. Would PayPal still be the best option?

I really do not have any idea on the best solution here.

Thank you for any help and I wish all on ProZ a very Happy Christmas.

Regards,
Antony

Direct link Reply with quote

Sergei Tumanov  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:30
English to Russian
+ ...
personally checked Dec 28, 2003

I have been using 3 payment systems for worldwide e-currency transfers myself and would like to recommend them to everybody:

1/ www.e-gold.com
2/ www.wmtransfer.com
3/ www.moneybookers.com

Instant transfers and low fees for transfer - max 50 cents (e-gold and moneybookers) and 0.8% of the transfer amount (webmoney) makt hese sytems a real help.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Receiving payments outside of Europe

Advanced search

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs