Mobile menu

Interpretation rates
Thread poster: Aida Hakobyan

Aida Hakobyan
Russian to English
+ ...
Mar 10, 2002

I have received an offer to interpret for a business woman who will visit our country for a week. My duties will be to interpret during meetings as well as be her companion during the whole week (including sightseeing, negotiations with the locals). I have done interpretation for meetings before but as I will also be something like a companion for a whole day could you advise me for rates in this case.

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:10
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
Rates are different Mar 16, 2002

It depends a lot who offers this job. It it a job offered/sponsored by the government, then they pay very good. For such assignement, I would sayyou should get paid US $400-450 a day. I took a similar assignement last year and they paid me $450 for 8 hours + overtime + perdiem, hotel etc. But there are (NGO) agencies that pay as low as US $230 a day. Good luck,

Monika
[addsig]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interpretation rates

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Quiick
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs