Small amount paid by cheque - my bank charges 15 €!!!!!!!
Thread poster: Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:00
English to German
+ ...
Mar 12, 2002

Hi there,

I received a payment from a client made by cheque. Now, the amount on the cheque is very small. I sent it to my bank and they sent it back to me, because - as they explained to me - they are charging 15 € and the issuing bank again charges fees, which are not predictable. In the end, I might pay more for the fees than I would get from the cheque.

Does anyone know where I can get this cheque processed without these fees?

... See more
Hi there,

I received a payment from a client made by cheque. Now, the amount on the cheque is very small. I sent it to my bank and they sent it back to me, because - as they explained to me - they are charging 15 € and the issuing bank again charges fees, which are not predictable. In the end, I might pay more for the fees than I would get from the cheque.

Does anyone know where I can get this cheque processed without these fees?

I already considered to ask the client to pay me in another way, however, I don\'t know which way. Has anyone tried PayPal? Does it work?

I would appreciate any information.

Sonja
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:00
English to German
+ ...
More details required... Mar 13, 2002

Hi Sonja,

Your profile states that you live in Germany. Looking at these charges, this sounds like a cheque from a customer from outside Germany, probably even outside the EU.

Contrary to other bank charges, I can see why cross-border cheques are expensive - after all, you need to send that little slip of paper all over the place, as opposed to an electronic payment.

To provide alternative ideas, we would need to know where your customer is located. Can y
... See more
Hi Sonja,

Your profile states that you live in Germany. Looking at these charges, this sounds like a cheque from a customer from outside Germany, probably even outside the EU.

Contrary to other bank charges, I can see why cross-border cheques are expensive - after all, you need to send that little slip of paper all over the place, as opposed to an electronic payment.

To provide alternative ideas, we would need to know where your customer is located. Can you provide a bit more background?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Small amount paid by cheque - my bank charges 15 €!!!!!!!

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »