Phone Conversations - Rates?
Thread poster: RosaT
RosaT  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:36
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 12, 2004

Hi all,

I have been asked to perform as a "liaison person" over the phone by one of my clients. It is not proper interpretation. My UK client simply wants to give her Spanish client my phone number in case this person wants to ask questions or needs information on a certain project. Does anyone know what would be a fair rate for this kind of job? It would be simple and probably very short phone calls. I am based in the UK.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Direct link Reply with quote

Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:06
English to Tamil
+ ...
Make sure of payment Jan 12, 2004

Who is to pay? Your friend or the Spanish client? Usually such proposals are delightfully vague on such points. Charge by the minute, as if it is for an interpreting project with a minimum billing of say 10 minutes. Be firm and no hesitations. Get the mode of payment too cleared up. All the best.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Phone Conversations - Rates?

Advanced search

Translation news PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs