Mobile menu

Feedback on collection companies in Spain?
Thread poster: Rosa Diez Tagarro

Rosa Diez Tagarro  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:55
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 21, 2004

I would very much appreciate it if anybody who has ever used the services of a collection company in Spain (particularly in Barcelona) could share his/her experiences on the matter (either here or privately, writing to

I have been trying for nearly half a year to have over 2,000 Euro paid and to no avail. I have met lots of people, though! Now I'm in touch with many translators in the same situation and we have the name of this particular client in every payment list we know of.

Some of us joined forces and hired one of these companies nearly three months ago. However, we have had no news so far and nobody answers our calls, so we're a bit worried. Another company has promised us to collect the debt in a maximum of three months, but we don't know if we should trust them, although they have already collected another debt from our client.

Please do not name clients in your replies to this post.

Thanks a lot,

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Feedback on collection companies in Spain?

Advanced search

Translation news

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs