Mobile menu

Invoicing a French client
Thread poster: ginebra
Local time: 10:54
French to English
+ ...
Jan 27, 2004

I wonder if anyone can advise me. I am a freelance based in London. My invoice to a French (institutional) client has been returned marked 'invoice rejected becuase of lack of SIRET identifier'. I know that all independent traders in France must have this number. Of course, there is no UK equivalent. I wonder if anyone has experience of? Have you successfully used a particular formulation to state on your invoice that, since your business is not registered in France, you do not have a SIRET and do not need one?
many thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:54
English to German
+ ...
Are you VAT-registered? Jan 28, 2004

You're right in saying that you cannot give them a SIRET number because you are not tax-resident in France.

However, if you're VAT-registered in the UK, you could give them your VAT number (which, IIRC, is identical to your EU VAT ID - simply add the "GB" prefix). Failing that, your UK tax number could be acceptable.

HTH, Ralf

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Invoicing a French client

Advanced search

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs