Watch it!
Thread poster: Bertha S. Deffenbaugh

Bertha S. Deffenbaugh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:39
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 19, 2002

A while ago, I was contacted by a direct client via proz. They wanted me to do a short translation for tomorrow. We agreed price and deadline and they told me to go ahead and to start working on the translation ASAP.

But alas! I then asked them to fax me a PO with name , address, phone number and signature.

At first they said they would fax it immediately, but two seconds later I received an e-mail telling me to HOLD ON! and not to start until they re-confirmed.

There was no re-confirmation, but another e-mail apologizing for taking my time and saying that they did not need the translation.

Does this tell you something?

Direct link Reply with quote

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO)
Local time: 13:39
German to English
+ ...
Yes, it does Mar 20, 2002

And it speaks a loud and clear language. Is there any chance you could tell us the name of that client? Privately, of course .

Bertha S. Deffenbaugh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:39
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I never got to know the client's name Mar 20, 2002

... only the first time. The client used it to sign the e-mails.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Watch it!

Advanced search

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs