Payments via Western Union from Australia
Thread poster: Monica Colangelo

Monica Colangelo  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 08:06
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 26, 2004

I would very much appreciate it if someone living in Australia could help me. I normally receive international payments via WUI but an Australian agency refuses to send me the money this way because the transfer fee is sky-high.
I have contacted Western Union's main office in Buenos Aires but they have no information. Could somebody please find out for me how much they charge to transfer US$ 197 from Melbourne to Buenos Aires?

Thanks a bunch!

Direct link Reply with quote

Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 13:06
German to Romanian
+ ...
I think you can find out the fees from their website Feb 26, 2004

I think there's a possibility to enter the country and calculate taxes, but I'm not sure.

I have found a price calculator on their site, but I think it only works for the US.

Sending 197 from California to Australia costs 22 USD.

I guess the charges should be about the same in all countries.

[Edited at 2004-02-26 17:06]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Payments via Western Union from Australia

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums