Ikobo for CC payments?!? Do not fall for it
Thread poster: Haluk Levent Aka
Haluk Levent Aka
Local time: 19:20
Japanese to Turkish
+ ...
Mar 12, 2004

Hi there,

If any of you think about transferring money or collecting payment from one of your clients via Ikobo; think again.

I and an associate of mine trying for over a week now to get this $23 dollars to a fellow translator (from Turkey to Panama). Both I and my associate have spent more than two hours before the computer, filed many complaints and filled lots of support forms, but no solution so far.

Basically Ikobo system caused us three translators (I, my assoc. and the recipient) too much time and pain.

Direct link Reply with quote

Deena Moghrabi  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:20
Member (2010)
English to Arabic
+ ...
this is strange.. Mar 23, 2004

As I have been using Ikobo for money transfers for more than 4 months now , large amounts of money but no problem occured..
mainly from Australia to Jordan, but also other countries. the website charges US$ 10 for transaction and currency exchange, maybe your problem has something to do with this ?

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ikobo for CC payments?!? Do not fall for it

Advanced search

Translation news

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs