Thread poster: Poj
Poj
Poj  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:48
Thai to English
+ ...
Mar 28, 2002

Dear all,

I just received a payment via wire system with a missing amount of GBP20. They said it is for the bank fees.

Do I have to pay the fee on their side? I think I pay mine and they pay theirs. What is the normal practice regarding bank fee for transfer processing?

Tom Ellett (X)
Tom Ellett (X)
Local time: 14:48
Norwegian to English
+ ...
EU Directive: client pays Mar 29, 2002

The EU Directive on Cross-Border Credit Transfers states that all bank charges are to be paid by the originator (the person/organization making the payment) unless specifically agreed otherwise in advance. Although the Directive only has legal force within the EU, other countries such as Norway have adopted similar provisions as recommended best practice.

In my own case, I state clearly in my terms of payment (printed on the invoice) that all charges are to be paid by the or
... See more
The EU Directive on Cross-Border Credit Transfers states that all bank charges are to be paid by the originator (the person/organization making the payment) unless specifically agreed otherwise in advance. Although the Directive only has legal force within the EU, other countries such as Norway have adopted similar provisions as recommended best practice.

In my own case, I state clearly in my terms of payment (printed on the invoice) that all charges are to be paid by the originator, and that any amounts deducted will be added to a future invoice.

Tom
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Who should pay the bank fees?

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »