Mobile menu

Mail to client (debtor) bounced! Unknown user!
Thread poster: mónica alfonso

mónica alfonso  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:24
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 24, 2004

I would like to know what to do. This person has been my client for long.
Now, he ows me the payment for a job I did last year; when I mailed a claim some time ago, the server bounced it (unknown user, it read).
This person is a Proz member, so I have also sent a mail using the appropriate tool the site provides, but with no answer.
I sent a new mail to his account some days ago with the same result.
Any piece of advice?
Thanks in advance,

Direct link Reply with quote
cendrine marrouat
English to French
+ ...
Mail to client (debtor) bounced! Unknown user! Mar 24, 2004

I had a similar problem with a company. I was lucky because after 6 emails, the manager just said he had been on holidays...
I got paid 6 months later.
If after a couple of other emails, nobody answers you, I think you could try a legal process. This person should be reached, especially if he/she is on Proz.
I can't really help you, but the only thing I advise you to do is just go on emailing the person and keep the emails.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:24
English to German
+ ...
Enter a BlueBoard rating, and contact the Jobs moderators Mar 24, 2004

Hi Mónica,
You should enter a rating for that particular outsourcer; also, contact the Jobs coordinators/moderators with details (thanks for not posting them here).

Best regards, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mail to client (debtor) bounced! Unknown user!

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs