Mobile menu

How do I get paid?
Thread poster: Milva
Local time: 22:22
French to German
Apr 21, 2004

I'm not very good in English. I'm a French to German translator. But I will try in English.

I did some word for a translation agency in Sitzerland. (amount a little bit more than 400 EUR).
This was in June and July 2003.

When I sent the first remind two month later, they told me, that four of their main clients gone broke and that it would take them still some weeks to pay my invoice.

I said, that some more weeks were OK. Three month later, I wrote them and asked when they would be able to pay exactly, because this "some weeks" had already past. I only wanted to know the exact date.

But there was no answer at all. Nore for the other 3 Mails that I sent.

So I decided to phone them. There was a woman on the phone who said that the bookkeeper was in the office only on Thursdays.
So I phoned once more on Thursday. There was another woman on the phone who told me, that the bookkeeper wasn't in the Office on thursday ... and so on.

Now its april... nearly 10 month.

None of my letters or e-mails was answered. The women on the phones weren't in charge of anything and didn't know anything.

What shall I do?

It's not a huge amount but I did good work and I think it isn't nice to give NO ANSWER AT ALL. That's why I want to insist on the money.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:22
English to German
+ ...
I will contact you directly... Apr 21, 2004 German.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I get paid?

Advanced search

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs