Thread poster: ntext
ntext  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:12
Partial member
German to English
+ ...
Apr 7, 2002

The job below was posted by Amerolink, a U.S. (!) translation agency, on April 6.

They expect 68,750 words to be translated in 13 days max -- that\'s 5,300 words a day (including weekends) -- for a per word rate of 3.7 cents (Spanish) to 6.4 cents (German).

So ... would that be the rush rate? What the **** are these people thinking? I\'m hungry, but not that hungry. Incidentally, I\'m not that fast either.

-------------------------------------------

Video script translation + 2 training manuals

English>French

English>Spanish

English>German

English>Italian

This is a volume job (total 68,750 words) in 3 parts: 1 video script, 2 training manuals, all in MS Word. The subject matter is not technical-it\\\'s written for laymen. The video script (18,566 words) must be done first-quickly (4-5 days), and the manuals must be done by April 20th (16,616 words and 33,568 words). The maximum we can pay on this job is as follows:

Spanish: $2,525.00

French: $3,260.00

Italian: $3,260.00

German: $4,430.00

Please do not submit bids above this amount. This is a big job, but it is not difficult and will be paid promptly. If you can do better on the price, please indicate this, but the quality must be there. I look forward to hearing from you.

Contact person: Samuel Graves

Company: Amerolink, Inc.

Email: production@amerolink.com

URL: http://www.amerolink.com

Phone: 561-494-0130

Fax: 561-494-0160

http://www.proz.com/job/?id=20474

Direct link Reply with quote

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:12
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
I don't think they're that fast in typing. Apr 7, 2002

To begin with.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

And The Sweatshop Award Goes To: Amerolink

Advanced search

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs