Thread poster: ntext
ntext  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:18
Partial member
German to English
+ ...
Apr 7, 2002

The job below was posted by Amerolink, a U.S. (!) translation agency, on April 6.

They expect 68,750 words to be translated in 13 days max -- that\'s 5,300 words a day (including weekends) -- for a per word rate of 3.7 cents (Spanish) to 6.4 cents (German).

So ... would that be the rush rate? What the **** are these people thinking? I\'m hungry, but not that hungry. Incidentally, I\'m not that fast either.

-------------------------------------------

Video script translation + 2 training manuals

English>French

English>Spanish

English>German

English>Italian

This is a volume job (total 68,750 words) in 3 parts: 1 video script, 2 training manuals, all in MS Word. The subject matter is not technical-it\\\'s written for laymen. The video script (18,566 words) must be done first-quickly (4-5 days), and the manuals must be done by April 20th (16,616 words and 33,568 words). The maximum we can pay on this job is as follows:

Spanish: $2,525.00

French: $3,260.00

Italian: $3,260.00

German: $4,430.00

Please do not submit bids above this amount. This is a big job, but it is not difficult and will be paid promptly. If you can do better on the price, please indicate this, but the quality must be there. I look forward to hearing from you.

Contact person: Samuel Graves

Company: Amerolink, Inc.

Email: production@amerolink.com

URL: http://www.amerolink.com

Phone: 561-494-0130

Fax: 561-494-0160

http://www.proz.com/job/?id=20474

Direct link Reply with quote

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:18
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
I don't think they're that fast in typing. Apr 7, 2002

To begin with.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

And The Sweatshop Award Goes To: Amerolink

Advanced search

Translation news

Websites for Translators
Build your new website, create a set of compelling graphics or find a new branding path with us.

We help both freelance translators and established translation agencies by applying online marketing strategies in the competitive world of languages. Click below to find out more!

More info »
Lilt
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs