Mobile menu

Invoice template : Legal text for payment terms ?
Thread poster: Mardouk
Local time: 17:11
English to French
+ ...
May 3, 2004

Hi all,

I am French and working for the first time directly with a client located in the States.

I would appreciate if you could give me a sample text for the payment terms to include at the end of the invoice (footnotes) : delivery date, rate for late payment, etc.

Thanks a lot !

Direct link Reply with quote
Sonja Tomaskovic  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:11
English to German
+ ...
ATA's model contract May 3, 2004

you might wanna take a look at ATA's model contract.

[Edited at 2004-05-03 14:11]

Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:11
English to Spanish
+ ...
standard wording May 4, 2004

* Please make all checks payable to [your name]
* Total amount is due within xx days of the invoice date.
* Overdue invoices are subject to a late payment charge of xx% per month on any unpaid balances.

In the U.S., typically within 30-45 days of the invoice date for agencies, and whatever you agree on for direct clients (15 days is reasonable). It is a good idea to agree on that point in advance, to prevent misunderstandings. Also, in the case of a very large project for a direct client, you may want to arrange for a schedule of payments as the work progresses. There are other threads covering this topic.

I am not aware of any consensus regarding late payment charges. The standard I have seen in the U.S. is 1.5% per month. It is also good form to send a reminder when payment is overdue, before applying the late payment fee.

Hope this helps

Susana Galilea
Accredited Translator EUTI

[Edited at 2004-05-04 18:00]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Invoice template : Legal text for payment terms ?

Advanced search

Translation news

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs