Mobile menu

Invoice template : Legal text for payment terms ?
Thread poster: Mardouk
Mardouk
Local time: 01:54
English to French
+ ...
May 3, 2004

Hi all,

I am French and working for the first time directly with a client located in the States.

I would appreciate if you could give me a sample text for the payment terms to include at the end of the invoice (footnotes) : delivery date, rate for late payment, etc.

Thanks a lot !

Direct link Reply with quote

Sonja Tomaskovic  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:54
English to German
+ ...
ATA's model contract May 3, 2004

Hello,

you might wanna take a look at ATA's model contract.

HTH.

Sonja

[Edited at 2004-05-03 14:11]

Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
standard wording May 4, 2004

* Please make all checks payable to [your name]
* Total amount is due within xx days of the invoice date.
* Overdue invoices are subject to a late payment charge of xx% per month on any unpaid balances.

In the U.S., typically within 30-45 days of the invoice date for agencies, and whatever you agree on for direct clients (15 days is reasonable). It is a good idea to agree on that point in advance, to prevent misunderstandings. Also, in the case of a very large project for a direct client, you may want to arrange for a schedule of payments as the work progresses. There are other threads covering this topic.

I am not aware of any consensus regarding late payment charges. The standard I have seen in the U.S. is 1.5% per month. It is also good form to send a reminder when payment is overdue, before applying the late payment fee.

Hope this helps

Susana Galilea
Accredited Translator EUTI
sgalilea@ispwest.com
www.accentonspanish.com

[Edited at 2004-05-04 18:00]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Invoice template : Legal text for payment terms ?

Advanced search

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs