Mobile menu

Factura for Mexican Company
Thread poster: annmtz
annmtz
Spanish to English
May 4, 2004

I've just started to work as a freelance translator and have run into a problem with a Mexican client. I'm located in Canada and was going to send him a bill with Canadian taxes, but I beleive what he is asking for is a factura that Hacienda will accept. Any advice??

Direct link Reply with quote

Anna Villegas  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
Ask your client... May 4, 2004

Ann, ask your client. I think they will anyway deduct this expense from their taxes, no matter where the factura comes from. They just want a proof of their payment.

MariusV  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 11:14
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
be exact with clients May 9, 2004

my suggestion: just be VERY EXACT at the primary stage (when you are offered a job and when you agree on the price). it also happened to me that I have agreed on the price, did the job, and had a couple of clients who started making some \"deductions because of taxes\"...

Just take a purchase order with a very clear indication about the taxes... I think that this is the \"game\" they are playing - talk about some taxes when the matter comes about settling of cash)

annmtz wrote:

I\'ve just started to work as a freelance translator and have run into a problem with a Mexican client. I\'m located in Canada and was going to send him a bill with Canadian taxes, but I beleive what he is asking for is a factura that Hacienda will accept. Any advice??

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Factura for Mexican Company

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs