Thread poster: Elena Ghetti

Elena Ghetti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 17:15
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
May 24, 2004

I need to prepare a pricelist for a Japanese translation agency for the following language combinations: Japanese>English, English>Italian, what is the usual method (by source word? by source character, etc.) and do you happen to know normal proices for the Jap>Eng combination?

thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Dave REESE
Japan
Local time: 01:15
Japanese to English
Quotes in Japan May 24, 2004

Elena,

As with any translation service, the type and amounts of quotes vary widely. However, with Japanese-to-English translations, I've seen an awful lot of quotes based on the character number in the source document. Typical quotes range, I think, from \20 to \30 per character (or about USD $0.17 to $0.28) per character. Naturally, a greater amount can be charged for more difficult or rush jobs.

Dave

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Quotes in Japan (method, prices)

Advanced search

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs