Elena Ghetti
Elena Ghetti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 05:35
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
May 24, 2004

I need to prepare a pricelist for a Japanese translation agency for the following language combinations: Japanese>English, English>Italian, what is the usual method (by source word? by source character, etc.) and do you happen to know normal proices for the Jap>Eng combination?

thanks!

Dave REESE
Dave REESE
Japan
Local time: 12:35
Japanese to English
Quotes in Japan May 24, 2004

Elena,

As with any translation service, the type and amounts of quotes vary widely. However, with Japanese-to-English translations, I've seen an awful lot of quotes based on the character number in the source document. Typical quotes range, I think, from \20 to \30 per character (or about USD $0.17 to $0.28) per character. Naturally, a greater amount can be charged for more difficult or rush jobs.

Dave

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Quotes in Japan (method, prices)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »